Whether you’re a travel manager looking for a streamlined self-booking solution for corporate travel or a tour operator looking to maximize bookings by integrating an online booking engine into your website, this article provides an overview of the 10 best online travel booking systems to help boost your operations.
What is an online travel booking system?
An online travel booking system is a platform that enables users to search, compare, book, and manage various travel services including flights, hotel booking, car rentals, and activities. These systems help users to compare and book travel services from multiple providers.
There are generally two types of online travel booking systems that serve the travel industry: B2B-focused systems are aimed at travel management companies, travel agencies, and tour operators, while B2C-focused systems are typically designed for customers searching for leisure travel arrangements.
Main features of an online travel booking system
When evaluating the best online travel booking options for your unique business needs, there are several features to look out for:
- A user-friendly interface that enables users to search for and book travel services based on their preferences.
- Secure online booking and payment processing.
- Real-time availability and pricing information.
- Travel itinerary and reservation management tools.
- Customer support and traveler assistance.
- Reporting and analytics capabilities.
Best online travel booking systems for B2B
Online travel booking systems for companies
TravelPerk is an all-in-one digital platform for businesses and corporate travelers. It empowers travelers to handle their entire travel booking process independently, providing access to an unrivalled travel inventory for flights, accommodation, train travel, and rental cars.
As well as intuitive self-booking capabilities, TravelPerk ensures seamless trip planning. The platform offers a wide range of capabilities, including reporting, trip approvals, policy compliance, and traveler safety features to enhance corporate travel experiences.
TravelPerk main features
How customers rate TravelPerk
- G2 rating: 4.6/5 (as of June 2023)
- Capterra rating: 4.8/5 (as of June 2023)
TravelPerk offers four pricing plans to suit businesses of all sizes. All plans have access to the world’s largest travel inventory and the 7* customer care support team. Plus, businesses only pay a monthly fee if they travel within that month.
- Starter: Free to use with no monthly subscription fee. The first 5 bookings each month are free, with a 5% booking fee thereafter.
- Premium: $99/month with a 3% booking fee. Includes concierge services for special requests and savings of up to 25% with VAT-ready invoices..
- Pro: $299/month with a 3% booking fee. Includes unlimited policy and approval workflows, unlimited budgets by cost center, and access to corporate rates.
- Enterprise: Designed for enterprise businesses that need customized requirements. To find out more about this plan, get in touch with an expert.
- SAP Concur
SAP Concur is a software-as-a-service (SaaS) expense management platform with a travel management module designed to automate corporate travel-related processes.
The platform offers an extensive network of travel suppliers, consolidates travel data into a single dashboard, and provides businesses with insights into travel spending, trends, and compliance to help them optimize corporate travel costs.
SAP Concur main features
- Automated expense reporting and reimbursements.
- Self-booking for flights, hotels, trains, and car rentals through the platform.
- Real-time alerts, notifications, and reminders for traveling employees.
How customers rate SAP Concur
- G2 rating: 4/5 (as of June 2023)
- Capterra rating: 4.3/5 (as of June 2023)
SAP Concur pricing
SAP Concur doesn’t share public pricing information. To obtain a quote, contact SAP Concur directly.
Click below to compare TravelPerk and SAP Concur’s features and benefits
Travel booking systems for travel agencies
Ezus is a cloud-based travel agency platform designed for agencies, destination management companies (DMCs), and inbound and outbound tour operators.
Travel businesses can plan customized trips and itineraries for individual and group travel, meetings, events, conferences, and exhibitions. Users can create tailor-made travel offers and itineraries and provide clients with the best prices for their trips.
Ezus main features
- Automated trip costing and dynamic pricing options.
- Creation of mini travel websites for each project.
- Centralized customer relationship management software (CRM) features and travel portal for visibility into customer history and upcoming opportunities.
How customers rate Ezus
- G2 rating: 5/5 (Based on 7 ratings, as of June 2023)
- Capterra rating: 4.5/5 (as of June 2023)
Ezus offers four pricing tiers:
- Starter: $139/month when billed monthly.
- Professional: $399/month when billed monthly.
- Premium: $849/month when billed monthly.
- Enterprise: Customized subscriptions for larger enterprises.